Charter : Officer Addendum
a thing added
a supplement to a book
. : .
- All Officers agree and pledge to follow and support the Kinship's principles in their entirety, as outlined in the Motto, Mission Statement and Charter.
- An Officer is expected to be the "model" member of the Kinship. They will be nice, not insult people, and treat everyone with respect (both Kinship and non-Kinship players).
- The Officers' first priority is to better the Kinship overall. As leaders of the Kinship, they are to serve the Kinship and all its members to the best of their ability.
- Officers will foster an open and welcoming atmosphere, by being trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, cheerful, and if able to, generous (i.e. willingness to give of their time and/or resources, without the expectance of compensation).
. : .
- Officers will maintain a simple philosophy when a player joins the Kinship:
"Welcome names, not numbers."
- An Officer is under no obligation to recruit players.
. : .
- A character is eligible to become an Officer as the Kinship Council deems appropriate.
- All Officer promotions must be unanimously approved by the Kinship Council.
- The rank of Officer is granted to a character based on how a player conducts themselves, rather than how well or how long they have played the game. While time as a Kinship Member is taken into account when reviewing a potential Officer candidate, it is not the only consideration.
- Traits looked for in potential Officers:
- trustworthy : honest and dependable
- loyal : true and faithful to their kinsman and Kinship (all of their characters are members of the Kinship or approved kinships; participate in Kinship activities as able)
- helpful : offers assistance and does things willingly without pay or reward (they are unselfish, and take focus off of their own characters, aka "zoom out")
- friendly : initiate contact and interact with others
- courteous : polite to others and respectful of differences between players
- kind : compassion for others
- cheerful : enhance other members' play experience (they maintain a positive attitude, and are excited to participate in group activities)
- The rank of Officer is transferable with the Kinship Council's approval if a player chooses to start playing a different character as their "main" character for an extended period of time.
. : .
- We prefer all characters of an Officer be members of the Kinship or approved kinships.
- Officers should never feel obligated to always play their main character, and with the Kinship Council's approval, an Officer's alternate character is allowed the rank of Officer.
. : .
- Officers that have been inactive for 30 days or more, will be demoted to the rank of Member. Information found in the Charter section, "Member Activity" is then followed.
- You are eligible to become an Officer immediately upon your return to active status prior to being removed from the Kinship. If you are removed from the Kinship for inactivity, you will need to be reselected to become an Officer by the Kinship Council.
. : .
Rulings on any questions or situations not defined or described by this document are made by the Kinship Council, and are considered final. The Kinship leadership reserves the right to update and modify this document as necessary with little or no warning.
. : .